Updated: October 5, 2016
Your privacy is our policy
What Personal Information is collected?
Personal Information and IP Content you provide to Us
We receive and store any Personal Information and IP Content you enter or upload to our Service. The types of Personal Information and IP Content collected may include, but are not limited to, your thoughts and feelings about the content, and identifying data for people, places, things, events. Information you provide is used for such purposes as providing personalized experiences that can be shared. We may also draw upon this Personal Information and IP Content in order to adapt the Service to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Service, and to develop new tools for our community. Under no circumstance will any employee or agent of VRB ever look at your private content within your account unless given express consent to do so.
Information we receive from third parties
Not as tasty as they sound, cookies are small bundles of data that usually contain an anonymous identification code specific to each user. A cookie is sent from a website, received by your browser, and stored on your computer. It all seems kind of scary, but our cookies do little more than record basic session information.
You are always in control
VRB allows users to share virtual experiences with other members in a variety of ways. The only person who can choose to share your Personal Information is you, if you wish to share your Personal Information and IP Content by emailing and socially sharing an experience with others.
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone, though we may provide aggregate, non-personally identifiable information to your partners. The default setting for all Personal Information and IP Content is to make that information visible only to others with whom you choose to share such Personal Information or IP Content.
The one exception: we may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations, including any applicable laws, rules or regulations outside your country of residence; to enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of VRB, our employees, our users, or others.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your Personal Information is protected on VRB by your authentication credentials, including your password, for your privacy and security. To prevent unauthorized access to your account and to your Personal Information and IP Content, you must select and protect your password appropriately, and limit access to your computer or other connected device to only those individuals who you trust to maintain your privacy and security. VRB strongly advises against sharing your password with anyone.
VRB endeavors to safeguard Personal Information to ensure that information is kept private, through physical, electronic, and procedural measures. However, please be aware that despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
For users located outside of the United States, note that as part of the Service your Personal Information will be transferred to and processed in the United States.
Talk to Us
Don’t hesitate to drop us a line any time with questions, comments or concerns. You can reach us at email@example.com.
VRB Terms of Service
Updated: October 5, 2016
You may use the Service only if you can form a binding contract with VRB, and only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. Anyone under 13 is strictly prohibited from using the Service. The Service is not available to any Users previously removed from VRB, whether for violation of this Agreement or otherwise.
Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the Personal Information you post on VRB. In addition:
We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about VRB, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them, just as you have no obligation to offer them.
We do our best to keep VRB safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep VRB safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
You will not collect Users' content or Personal Information, or otherwise access VRB, using automated means (including, but not limited to, harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior written permission.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any User.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content.
- You will not use VRB to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of VRB, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other VRB functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Agreement or our policies.
Registration and Account Security
VRB Users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. You may never use another User’s account without their permission. When creating your own account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify VRB immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. VRB will not be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on VRB, or create an account for anyone other than yourself.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our written permission.
- You will not use VRB if you are under 13.
- You will not use VRB if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account without your permission, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a username may infringe the rights of a trademark owner).
- By providing VRB your email address you consent to our use of that email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail.
- You may control your User profile and how you interact with the Service by changing the settings in the VRB app.
Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on VRB that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates applicable laws, rules or regulations.
- We can remove any content or Personal Information you post on VRB if we believe that it violates this Agreement or our policies.
- If you infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we reserve the right to disable your account when we, in our sole discretion, deem it appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks without our express written consent.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on VRB.
Mobile and Other Devices
We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees and data, will still apply.
About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by VRB
Special Provisions Applicable to Software
- If you download our software, such as a stand-alone software product or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance and further develop the software.
- You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license or we give you express written permission.
If we make material changes to this Agreement, we will notify you by posting an announcement on our Service or by sending you an email to the address you have registered with us. Your continued use of VRB following any changes to this Agreement constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Limitation of Liability
VRB is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the Service, the VRB app or your possession and use of the VRB app, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the VRB app fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
VRB shall not be held responsible or liable with respect to any subject matter of this Agreement or terms or conditions related thereto under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other theory (a) for loss or inaccuracy of data or cost of procurement of substitute goods, service, or technology, or (b) for any indirect, incidental, or consequential damages including, but not limited to loss of revenues and loss of profits. Certain states and/or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the exclusion set forth above may not apply to you.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Agreement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of VRB to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute you have with us arising out of or relating to this Agreement or VRB exclusively in a state or federal court located in New York County in the State of New York State. The laws of the State of New York will govern this Agreement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in New York County, New York for the purpose of litigating all such claims.
YOU USE VRB AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING VRB AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT VRB WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT VRB WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. VRB IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to Users outside the United States:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals, you will not engage in commercial activities on VRB (such as advertising or payments).
- By "content" we mean anything you or other Users post on VRB that would not be included in the definition of Personal Information.
- By "data" or "User data" or "User's data" we mean any data, including a User's content or Personal Information that you or third parties can retrieve from VRB or provide to VRB.
- By “app” or "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses VRB, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access VRB but have not deleted all data from us, the term app or application will apply until you delete the data.
- This Agreement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding the Services, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Agreement, it will not be considered a waiver of that provisions or any other provision of this Agreement.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Agreement must be made in writing and signed by us or posted by us on the Service.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Agreement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall prevent us from complying with applicable laws, rules or regulations.
- This Agreement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing VRB.
VRB is a division of Samsung Research America, Inc. (“SRA”) and VRB is entering into this Agreement on SRA’s behalf.